Saturday, January 23, 2010

So tired tonight.I worked all day today and was tired through it all. Sigh. I've wanted to type something since I got up this morning and was so excited to get home and "get it down on paper". The trouble is, my mind is blank. I got nothin'. It's the same feeling I had in almost all my finals in college. It must be writers block but can you get writers block at the beginning of your writing career? Really? Have I run out of stuff already? Well, it was nice while it lasted...
So how do I write my final column? Column? Really, have I been that delusional? Ok, so blog. I've written a BLOG for one week now. Not a "column". I suppose a confession is in order. No, not plagiarism. Have you read my stuff? In keeping with other famous people, Mark McGuire admitting to steroids, Tiger Woods admitting to...Tigerisms, I have something I've been dying to get off my chest.
A few years ago, on a day I wasn't feeling too well and it was cold and rainy I decided to go see a movie. Some action flick that Terri had no interest in seeing, I don't even remember the name.Movie and popcorn on a rainy afternoon does a body good. The only problem was that I didn't tell Terri. And I should have. But I thought she might have been mad. But then it happened again a month or two later. And then a few weeks later. It wasn't about the money at first but the fact I wasn't telling Terri. And I was missing work. Well, this has been going on for a few years now, meanwhile, my business has suffered and I've spent money on movies and popcorn when I could barely pay the mortgage. It's like a drug addiction - I can't stop. I keep saying "this is the last movie..." but it never is. I am so ashamed. I am so weak. Well, they say admitting you have a problem is the first step to the cure. We shall see. We shall see. I hope God will be merciful to me.
well, that's all I have to say for my last column. Sorry. Blog.If it has been meaningful in any way to you I wish you'd let me know. I know how hard it is to overcome stuff. And one last thing...everything I've written in this column,sorry, blog, is absolutely false. I've never been to a movie without Terri's knowledge in my life- we keep no secrets(except the 1st Batman movie in 1989.sorry)I was just trying to get a rise out of her. If you don't here from me for a while it's 'cause it got too big a rise....

No comments:

Post a Comment