Monday, January 11, 2010

getting started

Ok, so here I go. This is sooo freaky. I can tell you that 6 months ago if you'd have told me that I would write a blog I'd have said you were nuts! Who knows though, this may be my one and only.... . You know, I'm not really sure why I want to write one. I just feel the need to write. I like to write but have two problems ( ok, so I have numerous problems but two concerning this ) : I can't type and I'm not smart enough to write much. I'm smart but I'm not always good with words. I have thoughts through out the day and some are profound(surprising huh?) but I will forget them or can't string together the thoughts in a coherant way which makes them pretty useless. But I'm going to try.
Sooooo, what to write about? My life with Jesus I guess. Nice to start off with a strong assertive mission statement. I have been a christian since 9th or 10th grade and have tried to walk with Jesus ever since. I've even managed to keep up some times! He has been so kind and patient through the years, giving everything I need for life and godliness. But really, knowing where I'm at in my relationship with God, my maturity level and my knowledge of all things God, I should be fired. But He is good and so very kind. So I will continue to walk with Him. Forever. But looking at my past I'd say it's less a walk and more a stumble.( hence, the name of my blog ) I've managed to stumble in the right direction so hopefully that will continue on into the future.
For now I'll just blog from time to time as things come to mind and I can hold the thoughts together long enough to get them on paper. Or computer. Or what ever . If the things I learn or experience throughout my day or week are of benefit to you I'd like to know about it. E-mail or call. I'd love to here some feedback. I'm doing this for me so I can put together a record of Gods work in my life and the lives of those around me. But I'd like to here back. I will try to be real. I'm not always pretty. I've said before I want to be a better me. Maybe this will be helpful. To me and you.
And now a note to my dad: You have been so faithful to me from day one and your kindness and selfless work on my behalf is nothing short of God like. Despite my short comings ( and man are there so many ) you continue to love me. And it makes me feel like a wretch some times. How can you do it after so many failures through the years. It's just you. My hope is that tomorrow I'll get up and love you with the same gusto You have in loving me. Lets go....

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the 21st Century. Of course, you skipped a few other centuries, like the one when shoes become popular. You could be "The barefoot blogger".

    Is your weekly experience going to include some of the stuff Cindi wanted to get you to do? I'm just sayin...

    :)

    ReplyDelete