Friday, September 3, 2010

Couldn't care less......

I was just lonely tonight and wished I had a friend to talk to. Life's been a bit of a downer of late, one of those hard parts of life momma and daddy told me there would be. Having a hard time loving my wife . My kids. My neighbor. A hard time at my 9 to 5. Less hair and more weight. Out to lunch sign on Gods door. Sigh.......

I've noticed my blogs have a woe is me tone to them. Like my life is full of problems and I just whine and complain. I guess maybe. I really am at heart a happy person and try to be content no matter the situation but sometimes life just gets to you. And in those times I wish I had someone to talk to or go bowling with and I was just lamenting that I had no one like this. I have lots of friends just no ....friends.

I think a lot about calling friends just to chat for just a minute, to make sure they're ok but I never pick up the phone. I figure they're too busy. We all are right? Yep. Just too busy. I let myself get so busy that I can't "encourage one another" like the writer of Hebrews says "so that we aren't hardened by sins deceitfulness". I think I've been hardened. Maybe that's the wrong word. Maybeeee....changed. Changed from who I was or was becoming into being something useless. Like salt that's lost it's saltiness. Just what the world needs.

So many great and wonderful things and people are here because of problems, times of hardship and difficulty. Is there anyone great that didn't have to cross that bridge of failure and discouragement? Out of the ashes of so many failures and heart break have risen great men and women who have changed the world and I wonder if there had been no one there to pick them up and dust off their clothes and said "go get 'em" would the world be worse off? Or how much better would the world be if those who would have been great fell into obscurity because no one smiled and offered a hand up. We never know do we?

Some days I get it right, some not so much. I think most days I'm just lost in my ADHD hazed mind and don't care much. I want to, I just don't. Maybe this goes away when I get older. When does older start? I guess what I'm saying is I want to care. About my Dad. My wife. My kids. You. Pray for me. I'll pray for you. If I learn to care.

2 comments:

  1. Several years ago I was a member of a home group that was splitting so it could grow more. One of the men who was going to the other group said he wanted to stay in touch with me, and asked if we could have breakfast every week. I said OK. It was totally his idea. If it weren't for him, I would never have made the effort. Years later, we are still having breakfast every week. We have shared a lot of hard times and been there for each other. We just kept showing up. Someone has to initiate that, and keep pressing for it. It wasn't me, but I am glad someone did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Satan loves when we are down and can't defend ourselves. He prowls around us ready to devour us. We are in such a haze of discouragement we cant see what he is doing in our lives. We continue to allow this behavior because we don't know that each time we see a little light he speaks something negative to us and we except it and fall back into the pit again. I encourage you to tell him to leave you and your family alone! outloud! Then each time you began to see some light, began to recognize his negative voice and tell him to leave again. These are the words of the enemy.."I think I've been hardened. Maybe that's the wrong word. Maybeeee....changed. Changed from who I was or was becoming into being something useless. Like salt that's lost it's saltiness. Just what the world needs." You are listening to Him tell you lies!! This is not truth you are an amazing man and their are many of us that love you dearly and have been blessed by you! I (we) stand against satan in the name of Jesus! I remove all lies against Mark right now in the name of Jesus! Father I ask you to open Mark's ears to recognize when satan is talking crap to him. Father I ask that you would give Mark the positive reply to strike back at those negative words. I release the power of your words onto Mark now and thank you for being here for us. In Jesus name i pray! By the way you are one of the most caring people I know. (another lie from the enemy) Look for positive things in your life. Be honest with Terry about how you feel....Grant must have told me a million times how lonely he felt before I really got it. or how I would say little things that made him feel little...of course i still do some of it but i'd like to think I understand more about how he feels now. Life can change! I'm standing with you as a sister in Christ! I love you lots. Suzann

    ReplyDelete